WalletHub Press Release
2021's Most & Least Energy-Expensive States
With residential electricity use projected to increase by 2.8% this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2021's Most & Least Energy-Expensive States, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary.
For a better understanding of Americans’ energy costs relative to their location and consumption habits, WalletHub compared the average monthly energy bills in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia using a special formula that accounts for the following residential energy types: electricity, natural gas, motor fuel and home heating oil.
Energy Consumption & Costs in Florida (1=Most Expensive; 25=Avg.):
- Avg. Monthly Energy Bill: $304
- 33rd – Price of Electricity
- 4th – Electricity Consumption per Consumer
- 2nd – Price of Natural Gas
- 50th – Natural-Gas Consumption per Consumer
- 37th – Price of Motor Fuel
- 26th – Motor-Fuel Consumption per Driver
View the full report.