The Florida Small Business Resource Guide contains important contacts and outlines critical services available to support the goals and aims of entrepreneurs, whether looking to start or expand a business in the Sunshine State. From organizations like CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and the state's network of Small Business Development Centers, our team is working to cultivate success for small businesses.
Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Four years ago, manatees were declared no longer endangered. Now they are dying at a record pace.
During 2021 an unprecedented 937 manatees have died in Florida, more than double the five-year annual average only nine months into the year.
- Tropical Storms Peter and Odette likely to form; Nicholas lingers, dumps rain
The tropics are full of activity Friday with two disturbances likely to become the next two tropical depressions.
- Hate Crimes in Florida appeared to have dropped in 2020. That’s not necessarily true
Miami’s police chief says his agency has begun to review its reporting of hate crimes after discovering the department erroneously told the FBI that officers encountered zero such incidents in 2020.
- Florida organizations pledge help for incoming Afghan refugees
The Florida Refugee Assistance Committee (FRAC), announced plans to provide resettlement assistance to incoming Afghan refugees this week.
- Florida's longtime pension fund manager to step down
Ash Williams, the longtime head of Florida’s pension fund, is retiring at the end of September, with Gov. Ron DeSantis and Cabinet members expected to name an interim replacement next week.