The Florida Small Business Resource Guide contains important contacts and outlines critical services available to support the goals and aims of entrepreneurs, whether looking to start or expand a business in the Sunshine State. From organizations like CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and the state's network of Small Business Development Centers, our team is working to cultivate success for small businesses.
Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Florida lawmakers not banking on federal government aid to fill budget holes
State economists say lawmakers will need to cut about $2 billion from the budget in the upcoming fiscal year, and healthcare and education—the two largest spending items—are already being eyed.
- You’re probably breaking Florida sales tax law and don’t even know it
Florida’s state tax law hasn’t caught up to the internet, leaving online shoppers regularly breaking the law without knowing it.
- Less work, less pay: South Florida hospitality workers scramble for jobs
A third of South Florida’s hospitality workforce is gone and the ones who are left are dealing with an industry tasked with protecting their bottom line, not so much the employee.
- Florida lawmaker files return-to-sender bill for rockets, other 'space vehicles'
If you stumble upon a used rocket, one Florida lawmaker from the Space Coast wants to make sure you call it in.
- Large Silicon Valley tech firm moves headquarters to Tampa Bay area
In wooing a Silicon Valley cybersecurity company to move its headquarters to Tampa, the region both swatted away heavy competition and a rebuffed a long-standing myth about the Sunshine State.