The Florida Small Business Resource Guide contains important contacts and outlines critical services available to support the goals and aims of entrepreneurs, whether looking to start or expand a business in the Sunshine State. From organizations like CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and the state's network of Small Business Development Centers, our team is working to cultivate success for small businesses.
- Tourist count fell 10.7% in first quarter, but Visit Florida report concedes the number could be worse
The number of Florida tourists fell 10.7% in the first quarter of 2020 from the same period a year earlier, a number that state estimators conceded might be too optimistic because of the effects of the coronavirus.
- Florida’s unemployed must now wait in ‘virtual room’ before logging in, frustrating many
Unemployed Floridians are now required to “wait in line” to use the state’s unemployment website, further aggravating people who were already fed up with the system.
- Gov. DeSantis extends moratorium on Florida evictions and foreclosures until July 1
With a little more than four hours to spare, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis extended his statewide moratorium on evictions and foreclosures to July 1, as part of his administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- They made ends meet before coronavirus. Now they’re the ‘new poor.’
The number of Florida households living paycheck-to-paycheck was already soaring before the crisis. Nonprofits are trying to keep up.
- Lowest Florida June 1st gas prices in 17 years
June begins with the lowest gas prices in Florida since 2003. The average price per gallon in the state was $1.90 per gallon, 70 cents less than one year ago.