The Florida Small Business Resource Guide contains important contacts and outlines critical services available to support the goals and aims of entrepreneurs, whether looking to start or expand a business in the Sunshine State. From organizations like CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and the state's network of Small Business Development Centers, our team is working to cultivate success for small businesses.
Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- With $600 checks disappearing, unemployed Floridians are facing a ‘perfect storm’ of problems
For the last four months, unemployed Floridians were handed a lifeline through the $600 weekly benefits doled out by the federal CARES Act. No longer.
- Florida’s top business regulator starts meetings with bars and breweries
Florida’s top business regulator began meeting with bar and brewery owners in Jacksonville to talk about how to reopen their businesses amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Grab, heat and eat: Florida chefs pivot to prepared meals to go for quarantined diners
Battered by half-empty dining rooms and pitiful takeout sales, Florida restaurant chefs got creative this summer and transformed their kitchens to pump out a surprising new moneymaker: precooked meals to-go.
- How tax-free weekend for back-to-school supplies will look different in a pandemic
The coronavirus can mess with how children will learn at the start of the 2020-21 school year. But one thing COVID-19 hasn’t put a halt to is Florida’s annual Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday, which is set to begin Aug. 7 and run through Aug. 9.
- Unclaimed property could spell relief for COVID-stressed Floridians
Millions in bank accounts, inheritances, refunds and other property are all waiting to be retrieved by Florida residents at the state Department of Financial Services — if they would only file a claim, says Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Petronis.