The Florida Small Business Resource Guide contains important contacts and outlines critical services available to support the goals and aims of entrepreneurs, whether looking to start or expand a business in the Sunshine State. From organizations like CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and the state's network of Small Business Development Centers, our team is working to cultivate success for small businesses.
Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- February consumer confidence plummets to early days of COVID-19 era
Consumer confidence among Floridians plummeted 5.4 points in February to 77.2 from a revised figure of 82.6 in January. Similarly, consumer sentiment at the national level experienced a decline of 2.2 points.
- Florida vaccine supply to jump to nearly 500k 1st doses next week of Moderna, Pfizer on top of new Johnson & Johnson option
Continued increases in the federal supply of the Pfizer vaccine for COVID-19 combined with a continued supply of Moderna vaccines means Florida will receive more than 470,000 initial doses between the two brands the week beginning March 8.
- Tampa Bay Lightning launch program to support local small businesses
The “Backing The Bay” grant program is designed to help Tampa Bay area small businesses negatively impacted by the pandemic by providing them with marketing resources to boost their companies.
- Troubled Hertz announces reorganization plan that would put it under new ownership
Estero-based Hertz has filed its plan of reorganization in bankruptcy court, which would give it new ownership. Under the proposed plan, Knighthead Capital Management and Certares Opportunities LLC, along with their affiliates, would invest up to $4.2 billion in the reorganized company.
- Spring Break 2021: Why this year’s Fort Lauderdale beach party is unlike any before
Spring Break 2021 is shaping up to be the most unpredictable version of the time-honored South Florida tourism bonanza since “Where the Boys Are” started the party 60 years ago.