The Florida Small Business Resource Guide contains important contacts and outlines critical services available to support the goals and aims of entrepreneurs, whether looking to start or expand a business in the Sunshine State. From organizations like CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and the state's network of Small Business Development Centers, our team is working to cultivate success for small businesses.
- New jobless claims in Florida stabilize at triple pre-pandemic level
The number of Floridians who filed new unemployment claims last week remained almost unchanged from the previous week, suggesting some stabilization in job losses.
- NOAA calls for a busy 2020 hurricane season, with the possibility of ‘extreme activity’
On Thursday, NOAA announced the basin is likely in for another above-average hurricane season. If it proves to be an active season, it could be the fifth consecutive above-average hurricane season.
- Communities didn't wait for lockdown orders from above
Three quarters of the desired change in human activity to slow the virus happened without state lockdown mandates, says research by Florida Atlantic University economics professor William Luther.
- Data breach at Florida’s unemployment system exposed personal information
A data breach at the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity exposed personal information about 98 people applying for unemployment compensation, the state agency revealed Thursday.
- Sea turtle nesting in Florida: Loggerheads, leatherbacks off to strong start
Some wonders of nature continue happening despite the global pandemic, and sea turtle nesting season is no exception. In Florida, those turtles are off to a strong start.