The Florida Small Business Resource Guide contains important contacts and outlines critical services available to support the goals and aims of entrepreneurs, whether looking to start or expand a business in the Sunshine State. From organizations like CareerSource Florida and Enterprise Florida to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and the state's network of Small Business Development Centers, our team is working to cultivate success for small businesses.
Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Federal aid available to help pay for funerals of those who have died from COVID-19
Under the program, FEMA is making up to $9,000 in federal aid is available for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
- The Sunshine economy: Why a South Florida bank was a big lender of COVID-19 rescue money
City National Bank of Florida was one of the most prolific lenders of government rescue money during the pandemic.
- Covid 'heightened the pressure' on airports to broaden business model, expert said
There may be more planes in the skies as the global airline industry gets back up to speed, but it's still far from what many airports — including Central Florida's air hubs — need to feel confident.
- Insurance Commissioner Altmaier urges moves to curb property insurance lawsuits
As an example, Altmaier urged a change to address what are known as contingency risk multipliers.
- DeSantis wants $4 million for medical marijuana quality control testing
Florida’s medical marijuana industry could soon get a big payday.