Sales and Marketing Advice for Florida business
How to attract more eyeballs to get more customers
You want more eyeballs -- on your business that is. It makes sense. The more people you have looking at what you have, the better the chances are that you’ll sell more of your stuff. Yet, just any pair of eyeballs won’t do.
Before you say, “tell me something I don’t already know”, let me ask you; what exactly do you want all of these eyeballs on?
The obvious answer is your company’s website and social media posts too. That much we can all agree on. Optimizing your website and social media to get more eyeball traffic is smart no matter what you sell and in any industry.
Still that’s only a part of it -- even if you’re an online only seller.
SiriusDecisions, a business-to-business marketing and sales advisory firm, reports that 67 percent of the buyer’s journey is now done digitally. Well, that leaves 33 percent of the buyers out of the online equation. And, Just because buyers spend time online doesn’t mean they are not engaged in other ways -- such as phone calls, trade shows, emails, billboards, and partners -- particular when you’re proactive.
Great marketing grabs the attention of as many targeted people as possible. That requires different approaches that all work together. It’s just a matter of picking the ones that are best for your business and your market.
Once is not enough. Buyers will touch a seller multiple times before making a purchase decision. The starting point could be your website, a pay per click ad, or a news release. Maybe it’s a chance meeting with you while standing in line at Starbucks. You just never know where it starts, but you can improve the chances that you’ll get more eyeballs on your product or services with multiple inbound and outbound outlets.
It’s a multi-channel marketing world. You must be where your customers are and that’s exactly what a multi-channel marketing strategy allows you to do. There are dozens if not hundreds of ways to interact with potential customers. So many, that your head will hurt deciding where to get the best return for your marketing bucks. The good news is there are only a few categories to consider, making it easier to use the channel of your buyer’s choice; online channels (website, social media, blogs, pay per click ads), traditional channels (email newsletters, news releases, print advertising, live events, brochures, direct mail), and indirect channels (strategic partners, affiliates, resellers).
Consistency across all your marketing channels is key. Your channels will have one thing in common that’s very important -- your brand. What your buyers and customers experience no matter how you reach them, or where they find you, must offer consistent messaging and service. That’s because there’s a very good chance that your audience will interact with your brand on a mix of platforms. If your buyer has a poor experience in just one channel then it will have a negative impact on your offering. For instance, when using partners as a channel, create a package for them use that allows them to add their logo to brochures, ebooks, videos, and so on. This way, everything you do, every touch point will have a dependably persistent look and message.
Multi-channel marketing is a wonderful “more eyeballs” strategy for most any type of company -- as long as it’s targeted. The more channels that meet your strategic objective, the more eyeballs you’ll have on your brand and offerings.
Multi-channel driven eyeballs lets you control the buyer’s journey no matter where they start. Handle each channel as a critical component of a single integrated approach and set up your marketing campaigns with that in mind. You’ll get a great return on your marketing investment with more eyeballs looking at your content, creating more qualified prospects that turn into more customers.
Ron Stein is President of FastPath Marketing (www.marketing-strategies-guide.com) and the author of the Rapid Impact Marketing & Selling Playbook. As a speaker, coach, and consultant he works with small business owners helping them to accelerate the path between their vision and the actions needed to reach, win, and keep customers. Ron is the creator of the FastPath to More Customers Now! 7-step marketing system based on more than twenty years as a successful business owner, corporate CEO, business development executive, and salesman. He is also a mentor at two nationally recognized business accelerators. Ron offers one-on-one and small group mentoring, conducts seminars, and consults. He can be reached at 727-398-1855 or Ron@FastPathMarketing.com.