Selling to the Government
For some small businesses, it's definitely worth the time to develop a marketing campaign specifically for state of Florida agencies.
MyFloridaMarketPlace.com is the state of Florida's online exchange for buyers and vendors. The system is a source for centralized procurement activities that streamlines interactions between vendors and state government entities and provides the tools to support procurement for the state of Florida.
Currently, MyFloridaMarketPlace (MFMP), which is part of the Florida Department of Management Service, has nearly 15,000 registered buyers who issue, on average, 5,000 purchase orders each month.
Florida agencies have three methods of purchasing:
- Formal purchases (greater than $35,000 and require competitive bidding);
- Informal purchases (less than $35,000 with no requirement for competitive bidding);
- State term contracts. It's important to determine which level best matches your business’s abilities.
If your business is ready to conduct business with the state of Florida, your first step is to register in the MyFloridaMarketPlace system.
Your next steps as a vendor are to:
- Complete your form W-9 validation through the Florida Department of Financial Services’ website. https://flvendor.myfloridacfo.com
- Complete your Certified Business Enterprise certification, if applicable.
- Conduct market research using MarketView.
If you need assistance with your registration, contact the MyFloridaMarketPlace Customer Service Desk at (866) 352-3776 or by email at VendorHelp@MyFloridaMarketPlace.com.