Venture Capital Funding Down in Florida
Eleven Florida companies received $54 million in venture capital funding in the quarter that ended Sept. 30, down 66% from the third quarter in 2007.
- 17th — Florida’s ranking based on the amount of VC funding in the third quarter of 2008
- 1st — California’s ranking, with $3.5 billion
- $7.1 billion — The amount raised by companies nationwide in the quarter
- 2 — Florida companies that received early-stage funding: Miami Beach-based SaftPay ($6 million) and Coral Gables-based Scrapblog ($2 million)
- $21.6 million — The amount raised in expansion financing by Orlando-based Raydiance, a laser technology company