Business Florida 2014 - The Regions
Bradenton, Clearwater, Lakeland, North Port, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa
Life sciences Pharmaceutical giant Bristol-Myers Squibb plans to locate a North American Capability Center in Hillsborough County. The 70,000-sq.-ft. facility will open in 2014 with approximately 250 employees; another 325 jobs supporting scientific and technical activities will be added by 2017.
Financial services Two global financial services companies are growing in Tampa Bay.
• Morgan Stanley will expand its local footprint with up to 110 new jobs and a $6.6 million facility in Temple Terrace.
• The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation considered offers from other states with existing DTCC operations, but ultimately chose Tampa for an expansion representing a $4.8-million capital investment and 255 new jobs.
Business services Verizon has hired 100 customer-contact representatives at its downtown Tampa call center for customer-retention services that were previously handled by an outside contractor.
• Florida’s Natural Growers Lake Wales
• The Mosaic Company FishHawk
• Tropicana Products Inc. Bradenton
• BayCare Health System Clearwater
• Lincare Holdings Inc. Clearwater
• WellCare Health Plans Inc. Tampa
• Home Shopping Network Inc. St. Petersburg
• Publix Super Markets Inc. Lakeland
• Tech Data Corporation Clearwater
• JP Morgan Chase & Company Tampa
• Raymond James Financial Inc. St. Petersburg
• Bloomin’ Brands Inc. Tampa
• Busch Gardens Tampa
• Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation Tampa
• Jabil Circuit Inc. St. Petersburg
• Roper Industries Inc. Sarasota
• Sun Hydraulics Corporation Sarasota