Business Florida 2013 - The Regions
Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Pensacola, Tallahassee
• The Boeing Company - Eglin Air Force Base
• DeTect Inc. - Panama City
• DRS Technologies - Fort Walton Beach
• Coast Water Efficient Technology (Coast WET) - Panama City
• Majestic Candies Company - Pensacola
• Mowrey Elevator Company Inc. - Marianna
Renewable Energy and Environment
• Bing Energy - Tallahassee
• GE - Pensacola
• Green Circle Bio Energy Inc. - Cottondale
Research and Development
• Florida Center for Advanced Aero-Propulsion - Tallahassee
• Florida Institute for Human & Machine Cognition - Pensacola
• High-Performance Materials Institute - Tallahassee
For the launch of its Made in the USA brand of home textiles, furniture and lighting, Atlanta-based Home Source International will establish a manufacturing and distribution facility in Marianna by the end of 2012 with a capital investment of $2.3 million; 303 new jobs are expected.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group of Panama City plans to hire up to 500 employees and invest $17 million in new equipment over the next 16 months to meet the demands of two new contracts to build 13 offshore supply vessels.
Navy Federal Credit Union, America’s largest credit union, completed an $81.5-million expansion at its Pensacola office in 2011, adding 466 employees to an existing staff of 1,650.