Business Florida 2012 - The Regions
Arcadia, Okeechobee, Sebring
The grueling 12 Hours of Sebring endurance race will celebrate its 60th anniversary at Sebring International Raceway in March 2012. [Photo: JGKATZ]
Quality of Life
Getting back to nature: Ecotourism is a favorite "sport" in Florida's heartland, which is home to Lake Okeechobee — the nation's second largest freshwater lake — plus dozens of smaller lakes and streams.
Festival fun: This region's small towns are perfect venues for special events, the likes of which you won't find elsewhere: The All-Florida Championship Rodeo (Arcadia); Seminole arts and crafts and alligator wrestling (Chalo Nitka Festival and Rodeo); Pioneer Park Days (Zolfo Springs); Sugar Festival (Clewiston); and Swamp Cabbage Festival (Labelle). For racing enthusiasts, there's Sebring International Raceway, the oldest permanent road track in America.
- Wal-Mart Distribution Center, Arcadia
- Walpole Inc., Okeechobee
- Cross Country Automotive Services, Sebring
- Larson Dairy Inc., Okeechobee
- Lykes Brothers Inc., near Brighton Seminole Reservation, Glades County
- The Mosaic Company, Wauchula
- Southern Gardens Citrus, Clewiston
- United States Sugar Corporation, Clewiston