With National Nurses Week kicking off May 6, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Best & Worst States for Nurses as well as accompanying videos.
In order to help new nursing graduates find the best markets for their profession, WalletHub compared the relative attractiveness of the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from monthly average starting salary for nurses to health-care facilities per capita to nursing-job openings per capita.
The Nursing Market in Florida (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 7th – Monthly Avg. Starting Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 19th – Nurses per Capita
- 1st – Projected Share of Elderly Population by 2030
- 26th – Nursing-Job Openings per Capita
- 29th – Share of Best Nursing Homes
- 12th – Projected Competition by 2026
See the full report.