MIAMI — Colombian consumers registered the most international web searches for Miami homes in April, according to a new report by the MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI). Colombia registered 12.2 percent of all international searches on MIAMI’s portal, www.MiamiRealtors.com, in April 2018. Colombia has led the rankings for five consecutive months.
“Miami has name recognition throughout the world and we see it every month in the amount of international consumers interested in Miami real estate,” said George C. Jalil, a Miami broker and the 2018 MIAMI chairman of the board.
Pakistan, located in South Asia and the fifth-most populous country in the world, had the fourth-most web searches for Miami real estate in April 2018, marking the first time Pakistan has finished in the top-10. About 72 percent of the Pakistan web traffic came from Karachi, Pakistan.
Top-10 countries Visiting MiamiRealtors.com in April 2018:
Country / Share of International Searches
- Colombia / 12.2%
- Venezuela / 9.6%
- Canada / 6.1%
- Pakistan / 6.0%
- Argentina / 5.5%
- Brazil / 4.9%
- India / 4.5%
- Dominican Republic / 3.8%
- Peru / 3.4%
- Spain / 3.2%
Colombia: A Top Market for South Florida Real Estate
Colombian home buyers tied with Canada in making the third-most international purchases in South Florida, according to the 2017 Profile of International Home Buyers of MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI) Members. Colombia had a 9 percent share of all international purchases in South Florida. Argentina (15 percent) and Venezuela (11 percent) had the most and second-most purchases, respectively.
MIAMI again promoted its members, South Florida’s lifestyle and real estate market at Colombia’s largest property showcase, El XII Gran Salón Inmobiliario – Feria Internacional, last year in Bogotá, Colombia. MIAMI made a South Florida market presentation at the 12th annual expo, which attracted 30,000 visitors and 200 exhibitors.
Top-10 International Cities Visiting MiamiRealtors.com in April 2018
- Bogotá, Colombia
- Karachi, Pakistan
- Capital District, Venezuela
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Buenos Aires Province
- Antioquia, Colombia
- Carabobo, Venezuela
Q1 2018 Cross-Market Demand shows New York is Top Metro Viewing Miami Real Estate
The New York metro area ranked as the top market searching Miami Metro Area real estate in Q1 2018, according to Realtor.com cross-market data. New York consumers collected 21.4 percent of views (excluding Miami itself) for Miami Metro Area real estate in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Viewing Metros for Miami Metro Real Estate in Q1 2018
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA: 21.4 % of views excluding Miami
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL: 4.8%
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL: 3.8%
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH: 3.6%
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD: 3.6%
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI: 3.4%
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV: 3.2%
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA: 3.1%
- Homosassa Springs, FL: 2.9%
- Port St. Lucie, FL 1.9%
California Tops States Looking for Miami Homes
California registered the most domestic Miami real estate web searches in April.
Top-10 U.S. States Visiting MiamiRealtors.com in April 2018
State / Share of International Searches
- California / 7.8%
- New York / 7.8%
- Texas / 6.7%
- North Carolina / 6.5%
- Georgia / 5.1%
- Virginia / 3.3%
- Illinois / 2.6%
- Missouri / 2.5%
- Tennessee / 2.2%
- New Jersey / 2.1%
Top-10 U.S. Cities Visiting MiamiRealtors.com in April 2018
- New York City
- Charlotte, NC
- Ballwin, MO
- Los Angeles
- Ashburn, VA
- San Francisco
South Florida: No. 1 Most-Searched U.S. Market by International Home Buyers
Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach ranked as the most searched U.S. market by international consumers, according to Realtor.com April 2018 data. South Florida has consistently ranked among the top-five U.S. markets for global real estate demand.
Top-10 U.S. Markets for International Real Estate Demand: April 2018
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Bellingham, WA
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL
- Kahului-Wailuku-Lahaina, HI
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Urban Honolulu, HI
- El Centro, CA
Top-10 countries Driving International Demand in South Florida: April 2018
- United Kingdom
South Florida ranked as a top-five market for consumers in five of the world’s six largest regions in April 2018. South Florida finished as South America’s most-searched U.S. market, collecting 24.18 percent of all international page views from South America.
- North America: 1. Chicago (3.10% of all pages views in the region); 2. Dallas (3.05%); 3. Miami (2.74%); 4. Atlanta (2.18%); 5. Tampa (2.03%)
- Northern Europe: 1. Los Angeles (9.61%); 2. Orlando (6.34%); 3. Miami (5.23%); 4. New York (5.00%); 5. Lakeland (3.32%).
- Western Europe: 1. Miami (6.56%); 2. Los Angeles (6.37%); 3. New York (3.45%); 4. Washington D.C. (2.99%); 5. Tampa (2.93%)
- Australia and New Zealand: 1. Los Angeles (14.81%); 2. New York (11.69%); 3. Chicago (2.57%); 4. Atlanta (2.56%); 5. San Francisco (2.45%)
- South America: 1. Miami (24.18%); 2. Orlando (12.06%); 3. Los Angeles (5.18%); 4. New York (4.15%); 5. Tampa (3.33%)
- Western Asia: 1. Miami (5.95%); 2. Los Angeles (5.04%); 3. New York (3.91%); 4. Houston (3.36%); 5. Chicago (3.12%)