- Florida ports denied federal funding
The U.S. Department of Transportation announced about $241 million in federal funds for ports across the country. Absent from the list of recipients? Florida ports.
- Camping surges in popularity across U.S., including Florida
In the last several years, especially as the pandemic disrupted normal life, many travelers ditched the comforts of hotels and resorts, finding the joy of escaping crowds in a tent or RV.
- Brevard employers facing difficulty in filling wide range of job openings
Brevard County's unemployment rate had soared as high as 13.2% in April 2020, after many employers laid off staff as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. But it has since steadily decreased, dropping to 3.4% by November.
- Tech talent gap creates challenges, opportunities in Tallahassee
Tallahassee is home to more than 60 technology-based companies. But, most people don't know it. Insiders say it's a common reality they've confronted and, in their respective ways, tried to upend with some success.
- Cigar City Brewing parent sold to Monster Beverage for $330 million
The parent company of Tampa’s Cigar City Brewing, a foundational part of Tampa Bay’s craft beer landscape, has reached a deal to sell to Monster Beverage Corporation for $330 million in cash.