Business Florida 2022 - The Regions
Broward • Indian River • Martin • Miami-Dade • Monroe • Palm Beach • St. Lucie
Fintech & Business Services
Looking to align with the big names in banking and finance? Look no further than Southeast Florida where Blumberg Capital, Blackstone, Icahn Enterprises and Elliott Management have re-located and more are on the way:
• The digital platform Blockchain.com, which allows users to buy, sell and trade Bitcoin and other forms of digital payment, plans to move its U.S. headquarters from New York to Miami and create up to 300 jobs. Blockchain.com is among the 15 largest cryptocurrency exchanges by number of weekly visitors, according to CoinMarketCap.com.
Also headed to Miami:
• San Francisco-based cryptocurrency exchange Okcoin with plans to hire 100 Miami-based employees for its new location in Brickell.
• Chicago-based private equity firm Thoma Bravo will open a Miami office before the end of 2021. The firm, with a total of 114 employees between its Chicago and San Francisco sites, plans to hire local talent.
• PJ Solomon, a Manhattan-headquartered investment bank, has established a new office in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
• Sweden-based Majority, which sells bundled digital banking, wire transfer and international calling services to immigrant communities in the U.S., has expanded to Miami, opening a customer “meet up” center focused on South Florida’s Cuban population.
KEY PLAYERS: American Express, Sunrise; Office Depot, Boca Raton; Zimmerman Advertising, Fort Lauderdale