Florida Trend Media Company Again Honored with Top Awards for Editorial Excellence
St. Petersburg, FL (June 29, 2021)—Florida Trend Media Company has again been honored with several top awards for editorial excellence from the Alliance of Area Business Publications and the American Society of Business Publication Editors.
Florida Trend recently received Gold Awards from the AABP for:
- Best Personality Profile for the article “First Call” by Amy Martinez
- Best Investigative Reporting for the article “Connecting the Dots” by Amy Keller and Nancy Dahlberg
- Best Local Coverage of a National Business/Economic Story for the article “The Way to Affordable Housing” by Mike Vogel
The AABP also honored Florida Trend with a Silver Award for:
- Best Recurring Feature for the “Icon” series by Art Levy
And a Bronze Award for:
- Best Use of Photography/Illustrations by Gary Bernloehr and Jason Morton
“I am extremely proud of the accomplishments of the entire Florida Trend team,” says Publisher David Denor. “These achievements continue to solidify Florida Trend’s commanding presence as the most sought-after, relied-upon and trusted voice for Florida’s business community.”
Earlier this year, the editorial and digital teams received three national awards and five regional awards from the American Society of Business Publication Editors, including:
- National and Regional Gold Awards in the Impact/Investigative category for “Connecting the Dots” by Amy Keller
- National Bronze and Regional Gold Awards in the Individual Profile category for “First Call” by Amy Martinez
- Regional Gold Award for “To Build a Brownstone” by Mike Vogel
- National Bronze and Regional Gold Awards for General Excellence for Online E-Newsletter for the Health Care eNewsletter by Will Gorham, Digital Editor and Aimée Alexander, Digital Content Specialist
- Regional Gold Award for Online Video for the 2020 Constitutional Amendments by Amy Keller, Associate Editor and Robb Lee, Digital Operations Manager
Florida Trend has won more than 50 top awards for business reporting in the past decade, including National Bronze, Regional Gold and Regional Silver Azbee Awards from the American Society of Business Publications Editors, National Gold and Bronze Editorial Excellence Awards from the Alliance of Area Business Publishers,and Regional First and Second Place Green Eyeshade Awards from the Society of Professional Journalists. The ASBPE Azbee Awards are highly competitive awards that celebrate the highest quality reporting, editing and design in business-to-business, trade, association and professional publications.
About Florida Trend
Florida Trend is Florida's Business Authority—an award-winning media company delivering balanced, trusted, in-depth business news and information across print and digital platforms. Florida Trend reports on all industry sectors, including health care, education, research and technology, finance, law, transportation and real estate. Its monthly business magazine is read by more than 270,000 influential business, civil and governmental leaders and its companion website, FloridaTrend.com, garners a million page-views and over 170,000 unique visitors each month.
Can Florida ensure tech advancements better connect patients and health providers?
Florida university leaders bash plan to downgrade sociology