Diverse Practice Group's Legal Guidance Calms Uncertain Times
During stable and uncertain times alike, businesses often need professional legal guidance to navigate financial, economic, landlord-tenant, insurance, and general business issues.
Tripp Scott this year assembled the Financial Distress Team. With almost 20 experienced legal professionals, we advise current and prospective clients on domestic and international legal issues arising from financial distress and uncertainty.
“In good times and bad, businesses rely on competent, experienced counsel to help with critical matters that impact every part of their operation,” says Paul O. Lopez, the firm’s chief operating officer and a member of its Employment Law Team. “Distress and economic unpredictability require the vision of skilled professionals. We’re providing that skill set to maximize opportunities while minimizing or eliminating potential or actual losses.”
The Team is composed of five Practice Groups that individually bring unparalleled experience on key areas, and together collaborate to address the complex issues certain to arise in the upcoming financial turmoil. The groups include ...
- Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group This Team collectively has more than 100 years of experience in the complex legal issues that arise from bankruptcies, insolvencies, failures to pay, and breaches of contract. The Team’s proactive methodology helps clients analyze issues at an early stage to curtail or eliminate losses. Hands-on experience from prior economic downturns and recessions can be applied to representation of secured creditors, unsecured creditors and counterparties to contracts, insurance policies and franchises.
- Construction Litigation Practice Group Members of this team are skilled at addressing complex legal and practical issues faced by owners, developers and lenders involved in ongoing and prospective commercial and residential construction, with the goal of proactively maximizing gains, while minimizing losses and legal expense.
- Employment Law Group Economic downturns often necessitate staff reductions and employment agreement modifications. With over six decades of collective experience, the Employment Law Team advises employers and top executives to best manage employment related issues.
- Foreclosure Group In past downturns, like the Great Recession, commercial and residential lenders have faced financial delinquencies and defaults, as well as requests for restructuring. Proactive steps borne of 60 years’ combined experience in these complex matters help clients reach successful resolutions to solve short-term and long-term issues.
- Insurance Coverage Group Whether a pandemic, natural disaster, or other calamity, catastrophic losses often arise from circumstances beyond a business owner’s control. Careful attention must be paid to existing insurance coverage to determine if all or some of the losses are covered and reimbursable events. Upon loss events, experienced counsel can help determine the extent of the coverage, evaluate policy rights and remedies, serve prompt notice to the insurance carrier, and maximize insurance coverage recoveries.
Whether facing stable or uncertain times, the Tripp Scott Financial Distress Team provides professional legal guidance to navigate the key matters that can determine your future success. Learn more at TrippScott.com.
Fort Lauderdale • Boca Raton • Tallahassee 954.525.7500 • TrippScott.com