Special Olympics athlete Maryann Gonzalez
“I’ve been in Special Olympics for 46 years.” Read about the obstacles Maryann Gonzalez (Special Olympics athlete and offical, member of the Florida Sports Hall of Fame and the Florida Special Olympics Hall of Fame, Leesburg; age 54) had to surmount to achieve success.
Want to read the whole article?
Select from the following options:
* offer valid for new subscribers only
In case you missed it:
- Writer Randy Wayne White is a Florida Icon
- Former chief justice of the Florida Supreme Court Fred Lewis
- Florida Icon: Former Orlando Magic executive Pat Williams
- Hall of Fame Florida swimming coach Randy Reese
- Florida Icon: Mike Jackson
- Florida Icon: Biologist Mike Owen
- Florida Icon: Former HSN pitchman Bob Circosta
- Florida Icon Thaddeus Bullard
- Florida Icon J.R. 'Johnny' Lopez de la Cruz
- Florida Icon: Diane McFarlin