WalletHub Press Release
Florida is 2019's 8th Most Diverse State in America
With Hispanic Heritage Month in full swing and the leadership in Fortune 500 companies still dominated by Caucasian males, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2019’s Most & Least Diverse States in America as well as accompanying videos.
To determine where the most idea and identity exchanges have occurred at the highest level in the U.S. — and where the population is relatively more homogeneous — WalletHub compared the 50 states across six key categories: socio-economic, cultural, economic, household, religious and political diversity.
Diversity in Florida (1=Most Diverse, 25=Avg.):
- 23rd – Educational-Attainment Diversity
- 8th – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 7th – Linguistic Diversity
- 2nd – Birthplace Diversity
- 12th – Industry Diversity*
- 3rd – Marital-Status Diversity
- 1st – Generational Diversity
- 11th – Household-Type Diversity
*Includes civilian employed population aged 16 and older
See the full report.