Former chief justice of the Florida Supreme Court Fred Lewis
Fred Lewis talk about what shaped his life and what it means to be a judge: “A judge must not only be independent of politics, but the judge must be independent of himself or herself. None of us should stand and vote on a decision on a case based upon on what we want it to be. It needs to follow the law. The politics of the day are spoiling the institutions that protect our freedoms.”
Want to read the whole article?
Select from the following options:
* offer valid for new subscribers only
In case you missed it:
- Florida Icon: Former Orlando Magic executive Pat Williams
- Hall of Fame Florida swimming coach Randy Reese
- Florida Icon: Mike Jackson
- Florida Icon: Biologist Mike Owen
- Florida Icon: Former HSN pitchman Bob Circosta
- Florida Icon Thaddeus Bullard
- Florida Icon J.R. 'Johnny' Lopez de la Cruz
- Florida Icon: Diane McFarlin
- Duncan McClellan is a ‘Florida Icon'
- Florida Icon: Jack Levine