- Ag 3 is a biological technology company that produces and sells tissue culture liners.
- Argonide Advanced Filtration Systems specializes in nanofiltration water purification systems.
- AquaFiber Technologies develops nutrient remediation technologies to restore surface water health.
- Capacitech Energy, founded at the University of Central Florida, developed a highpower, highdensity conductor that increases battery life and capacity.
- Florida Food Products, a food processing company based in Eustis, develops fruit and vegetable concentrates, powders and solutions.
- Imec USA is nanoelectronics design center for photonics and highspeed electronics. It put its first U.S.based research and development center in Kissimmee.
- LightPath Technologies develops and manufactures optics, photonics and infrared solutions for the industrial, commercial, defense, telecommunications and medical industries and is headquartered in Orlando.
- Lockheed Martin employs 8,000 in Orlando developing technologies related to electrooptics, sensing, mission systems, training and technology for the aerospace and defense industries.
- Luminar Technologies develops lidar sensors that act as the eyes of autonomous vehicles.
- SynapCyte is a biotherapeutic company that has developed regenerative treatment for neurological diseases including Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Universal Creative is the innovative force behind the rides and shows at Universal Parks & Resorts.
Employment by Industry
- 20.5% — Leisure/Hospitality
- 18.6% — Professional/ Business Services
- 12% — Education/ Health Services
- 11.3% — Retail Trade
- 9.9% — Government
- 6.4% — Construction
- 5.7% — Financial Activities
- 3.6% — Manufacturing
- 3.4% — Wholesale Trade
- 3.4% — Other Services
- 3.3% — Transportation/ Warehousing/Utilities Information
- 1.9% — Mining/Logging