Mirroring Florida's Growth: Greenberg Traurig Serves Needs of Regional and Global Businesses
With deep Florida roots and experienced attorneys serving clients locally, nationally and globally, Greenberg Traurig, P.A., has built a reputation as the go-to counsel for protecting the interests of corporations, insurers, real estate developers, and high net-worth individuals.
Delivering business-focused performance and showing commitment to community service, Greenberg Traurig’s Fort Lauderdale office has grown along with the success of its clients and Florida. The office is an integral part of the firm that began in Miami 51 years ago as a small, entrepreneurial law firm and now has more than 2,000 attorneys serving clients from 38 offices across the United States, Latin America, Europe the Middle East, and Asia.
“We have the privilege of working with many of Florida’s most dynamic companies and individuals, helping them fulfill their business goals,” says Glenn E. Goldstein, co-managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig’s Fort Lauderdale office.
The robust Florida economy is reflected in Greenberg Traurig’s diverse Fort Lauderdale practice areas.
“Our growth mirrors Florida’s global success story,” says Matthew W. Miller, co-managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig’s Fort Lauderdale office. “This is exemplified in the quality and number of transactions we help facilitate.”
Over the past year, the firm’s Fort Lauderdale attorneys have led numerous transactions that have helped companies, private equity firms, venture capital firms, and entrepreneurs grow, such as Las Olas Venture Capital, Platform Specialty Products Corp., Trivest Partners, and Palm Beach Capital Partners.
Other exemplary deals include representation of:
- SBA Communications Corporation and its subsidiary, SBA Senior Finance II, LLC, in obtaining a new $2.4-billion, seven-year senior secured term loan and in amending its revolving credit facility to increase total commitments under the facility from $1.0 billion to $1.25 billion.
- An affiliate of Global Bankers Insurance Group in its $120-million purchase of life insurance holding company Pavonia Holdings (US) Inc. from Enstar Group Ltd.
- Bank United in its $34-million loan to TPG Hotels & Resorts for the $47.4-million purchase of the historic Postcard Inn On The Beach in St. Pete Beach.
- Christ Fellowship Baptist Church in Downtown Miami in the $10-million sale of a portion of its property to 5 Plaza, LLC, which allowed the church to retain and operate its historically designated building.
Our attorneys handle structuring and negotiating complex real estate joint ventures and investments for companies including Related Group and Mast Capital. The firm has also successfully litigated a number of matters on behalf of clients such as Assurant Inc., Broward Health, and The Inland Real Estate Group.
Philanthropically, Greenberg Traurig’s Fort Lauderdale office is very involved, actively supporting local organizations such as Broward Workshop; Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation; Jack & Jill Children’s Center; Jewish Federation of Broward County; Kids in Distress; Leadership Broward Foundation; and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Southern Florida.
Business Sectors We Practice In:
- Real Estate: Commercial, Residential
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Hedge Funds & Private Equity
- Life Sciences &
- Medical Technology
- Private Wealth
- Public Finance
Greenberg Traurig is a service mark and trade name of Greenberg Traurig LLP, and Greenberg Traurig, P.A. © 2018 LLP. Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved. Glenn E. Goldstein or Matthew W. Miller, co-managing shareholders, Greenberg Traurig, Fort Lauderdale.
Fort Lauderdale • 954.765.0500 • www.gtlaw.com