Unbridled Ambition at Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University has made millions of dollars in strategic investments to attract world-class scientists, develop new STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) programs and grow its research enterprise.
- Institute for Sensing and Embedded Network Systems Engineering incorporates engineering, sensing and computation expertise throughout the university.
- FAU Harbor Branch equates ecosystem health on research that translates across science, policy and management.
- An institute focusing on health and aging, advancing knowledge of the root causes, prevention strategies and treatment options for actute and chronic diseases.
- The FAU Brain Institute supports education, community outreach and research that seeks to unlock the secrets of brain development, function and plasticity.
Building on Inherent Strengths
- Diverse, vibrant student body
- Unique geographic location
- Enhanced national brand recognition
- Ground-breaking research
Commitment to Excellence
- Doubled research expenditures to an estimated $65 million
- Striving to exceed $100 million research expenditure threshold
- National recognition for undergraduate research
New Education Programs and Corporate Partnerships
- FAU Max Planck Honors Program -- an undergraduate first-of-its-knd honors program in neuroscience
- Developing technology to significantly lower home and business energy costs with Boca Raton-based Dioxide Materials
- Joinging forces with Pennslyvania's Zeigler Bros., Inc. to collaborate on emerging high-quality, sustainable shrimp feeds
- Partnering with pharmaceutical and biottech giants Novartis and Amgen on the Alzheimer's Prevention Initiative Generation Program
FAU Division of Reasearch
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33731