Tourism in Florida
Travel and Leisure's 'Top 10 Best Hotels in Florida' (excluding Miami Beach)
Travel and Leisure just ranked the best hotels in Florida, excluding Miami Beach. The website says, "If you’re seeking sun, sea, and an escape from the pressures of day-to-day life, look no further than these hotels, voted best by T+L readers."
In order, the hotels are
- The Pearl Hotel, Rosemary Beach
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Little Torch Key
- The Henderson, a Salamander Beach & Spa Resort, Destin
- Opal Sands Resort, Clearwater Beach
- Sunset Key Cottages, Key West
- Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
- Gasparilla Inn & Club, Boca Grande
- Sandpearl Resort, Clearwater Beach
- Resort at Longboat Key Club, Longboat Key
Travel and Leisure said:
This year’s top spot went to a World’s Best newcomer, the Pearl Hotel, a tony, European-inspired property in the resort town of Rosemary Beach, in the Panhandle. The fresh, contemporary spin on traditional glamour makes it stand out from the crowd, and stellar amenities — including access to golf and tennis facilities and a selection of spacious pools at St. Joe Club & Resorts — put this year’s winner over the top. Taking second place is a return favorite, Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, in the Florida Keys.
Read more here.