Budweiser Unveils New State Packaging Inspired by its 12 Local Breweries Across the Country
America's Favorite Full-Flavored Classic Lager Extends its Patriotic Summer Packaging Lineup to Include State Bottles and Cans
NEW YORK – Beginning today, 11 states will see their namesake on Budweiser bottles and cans as part of the brand’s latest evolution of its iconic summer packaging. Available today through the end of September, Budweiser’s newest look celebrates the local states Budweiser and its breweries call home.
Since 1876, Budweiser has been proudly brewed across America and its new state packaging pays tribute to the 12 breweries that relentlessly produce America’s No. 1 full-flavored classic lager. The packaging will be specific to California (featuring two Budweiser breweries), Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia.
“Our new state bottles and cans celebrate the homes of our breweries and the communities that support them,” said Ricardo Marques, vice president, Budweiser. “Since 1876, Budweiser has been proudly brewed across America, and this summer, we’re inviting local consumers to raise a cold one with us.”
On shelves from July to September 2017, 11 different states will enjoy their own custom packaging, each featuring custom copy changes as inspired by each local backdrop, including:
- “Budweiser” on cans and bottles being replaced with each state name
- The center medallion “AB” monogram updated with state initials
- “King of Beers” swapped to include each individual state motto
- “Anheuser-Busch Inc.” replaced with each state nickname
To continue the celebration of its local breweries throughout the summer, Budweiser will also:
- Host brewery open houses – inviting homegrown communities to experience the brand firsthand alongside local food, music and custom swag. The famed Budweiser Clydesdales will also be making appearances at each brewery open house throughout the summer.
- Air unique radio spots in each market, written by local Budweiser brew masters and/or the brewery’s general managers
- Present its first-ever “Budland” festival bringing together the best of LA’s local music artists, fashion and food
To RSVP to a Budweiser brewery open house event near you, please visit www.budbrewedlocally.com. For more information on Budweiser’s brewery market packaging, visit Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Budweiser, an American-style lager, was introduced in 1876 when company founder Adolphus Busch set out to create the United States' first truly national beer brand – brewed to be universally popular and transcend regional tastes. Each batch of Budweiser stays true to the same family recipe used by five generations of Busch family brewmasters. Budweiser is a medium-bodied, flavorful, crisp and pure beer with blended layers of premium American and European hop aromas, brewed for the perfect balance of flavor and refreshment. Budweiser is made using time-honored methods including "kraeusening" for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
State projects 1.75 million Floridians could lose Medicaid coverage as pandemic-era law expires
‘Our children are at stake:' Teacher shortage in Florida among worst in the nation