Saft Powers Tomorrow with Florida's Top-Ranked Infrastructure
Thomas J. Alcide
CEO, Saft America
• No. 2 Infrastructure (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
• Superior Connections
• 2 spaceports
• 15 deep water seaports
• 3,000 miles of freight rail tracks
• 12,000+ miles of highway
• Multiple hubs for high-speed data transmission throughout the U.S. and to Europe, Latin America and Africa
• 3rd largest exporter of high-tech products (Tech America)
• More than 26,000 IT companies employing close to a quarter million workers call Florida home
Saft is a global leader in design and manufacturing of high-tech industrial batteries, with operations in 18 countries across five continents. When searching for the best place in the United States to build a cutting-edge manufacturing plant, the company considered 16 potential locations before choosing Florida.
• Saft chose Jacksonville as the site of its $200-million project. The decision came down to Florida’s ready-made foundation of advanced transportation networks.
• Following the opening of Saft’s Jacksonville facility, the company relocated its North American headquarters to Florida one year later.
Saft’s location in Jacksonville is a perfect distillation of the connectivity that Florida offers. The 4,700-acre industrial park sits at the nexus of three major rail lines and several of Florida’s arterial highways, contains its own major airport and is only 30 minutes from JAXPORT.
Leveraging the state’s top-ranked infrastructure, Florida provides Saft with the resources necessary to design, manufacture and deliver innovative energy solutions worldwide.