Award-winning business coverage
Florida Trend Receives Ten Awards at National Conference
On Saturday, June 22, 2013, the Area Alliance of Business Publications, a national organization, presented their annual Editorial Excellence awards. The annual competition recognizes excellence in journalism, photography and design achieved by regional business publications. This year, there were 573 entries from 44 publications in the competition.
Florida Trend, a monthly statewide magazine, won 10 awards, including a gold award for Best Body of Work, Single Writer, for work by Mike Vogel. Below is a full list:
- Gold / Best Body of Work, Single Writer: Mike Vogel was honored for his work during 2012, including "Panama Canal Expansion: A Game Changer?" See other articles by Vogel here.
- Silver/ Best Magazine: Florida Trend, Staff
- Silver/ Best Feature Layout: Florida Trend, “Recipes for Victory”; Jeff Papa, Gary Bernloehr, Jason Morton; August, 2012
- Silver/ Best Overall Design: Florida Trend magazine; Gary Bernloehr, Jason Morton
- Silver/ Best Personality Profile: Silver: Florida Trend, Lilly Rockwell, associate editor; “First down,” May, 2012
- Silver/ Best Bylined Commentary: Florida Trend, “Deep Water,” Mark Howard, writer. March, 2012
- Bronze/ Best Investigative Reporting: Florida Trend, Amy Keller, “Bitter Pills?” September, 2012
- Bronze/ Best use of photography/ illustrations: Florida Trend, Gary Bernloehr, Jason Morton
- Bronze/ Best Cover- Magazines: Florida Trend, Gary Bernloehr and Jason Morton, for the May 2012 cover
- Bronze / Best Daily Email - Florida Trend Daily and Afternoon Pulse - Will Gorham, Joyce Edmondson
About Florida Trend
Florida Trend magazine provides excellent, forward-looking, and in-depth reporting on business, finance and public policy in Florida. Florida Trend reaches more than 250,000 business executives, government officials and civic leaders. In addition, the magazine's website reaches approximately 80,000 unique visitors monthly. For more information, please visit www.FloridaTrend.com.