- CompScript (Nasdaq SmallCap-CPRX) signed a letter of intent to acquire institutional pharmacy services company Campo Medical Pharmacy of Metarie, La. CompScript provides integrated pharmacy services throughout the Southeast.
- Media Printing will move its headquarters from Dade to Broward County. Media Printing, which employs 140, will hire an additional 60. Deerfield Beach - OutSource International moved its headquarters from Boca Raton to a larger facility in Deerfield Beach. OutSource is a staffing company with almost 28,000 full-time, leased and temporary employees in 32 states.
- Integrated Healthcare Solutions and ALLTEL Information Services-Healthcare, a subsidiary of ALLTEL Corp. (NYSE-AT), will merge into a single healthcare technology company - Eclipsys. The deal is worth an estimated $130 million in debt financing and investment equity.
- Staffing company Interim Services (NYSE-IS) acquired AimExecutive Holdings of Ohio for $32.9 million in cash and contingent payments. AimExecutive, with 30 offices throughout the U.S. is the fourth-largest outplacement company in the nation. Interim operates almost 1,000 offices worldwide and had annual sales of $1.8 billion in 1996.
- Maryland-based UNC Inc., the world's largest independent aviation services company, will merge with the world's largest independent gas turbine engine repair company, Miami-based Greenwich Air Services (Nasdaq-GASI), in a deal worth roughly $320 million. The resulting company will employ more than 10,000 worldwide.
Spec's Music (Nasdaq-SPEK) will restructure its headquarters, consolidate its advertising and promotion departments, and eliminate its distribution center. The company will lay off 54 as a result and save $2 million annually.
Port of Palm Beach
- Cheney Brothers will move into a new 225,000-square-foot office and warehouse at the Port of Palm Beach and hire 75 additional employees. Cheney is a 70 year-old food distribution company with more than 2,300 clients throughout the U.S. and Caribbean. Building the warehouse is Catalfumo Construction and Development, one of south Florida's leading commercial developers.