Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- New study warns of ‘climate insurance bubble.’ Is that driving costs up in Florida?
If rising risks from hurricanes and other climate-driven disasters make insurance too expensive for people to buy homes, or banks to give mortgages to homes in vulnerable spots, it could set off a spiral of declining demand and declining property values.
- A disturbance near Florida could get serious, and Hurricane Nigel is quickly on the move
Hurricane Nigel still brings the strongest winds in the Atlantic Ocean, but the two other systems have more potential for affecting United States and Caribbean life over the next week.
- Florida banks post decreases in assets, net margin
Florida’s banks performed slightly worse in the second quarter of 2023 relative to the first, a new report shows.
- Florida malaria cases: Why an outbreak returned to the U.S. this summer
All in all, eight Americans caught malaria from mosquitoes this summer — seven in Florida and one in Texas. Of these, seven people were hospitalized. The cases were the first American, mosquito-borne malaria cases in two decades.
- Newly approved Florida rules could cut price of prescription drugs
New rules approved by officials in Florida this week are designed to increase accountability from pharmaceutical companies when it comes to drug pricing.