To calculate Best Jobs, U.S. News draws data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to identify jobs with the greatest hiring demand. Jobs are then scored using seven component measures: 10-year growth volume, 10-year growth percentage, median salary, employment rate, future job prospects, stress level and work-life balance. For further details on how the rankings were calculated, see the methodology.
|U.S. News & World Report's "Best Paying Jobs by City 2018" - out of 208 cities nationally*, here is where Florida cities ranked|
|55||Naples, Florida||Medical Records Technician ($57,490), Nail Technician ($46,070), Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselor ($74,080) , Veterinarian ($161,460)|
|77||West Palm Beach, Florida||Architect ($120,380), Fundraiser ($80,380), Loan Officer ($116,470)|
|85||Cape Coral, Florida||Pediatrician ($252,540), Physician ($274,940)|
|97||Jacksonville, Florida||Pediatrician ($275,540), Veterinarian ($188,880)|
|101||Miami, Florida||Bartender ($36,910), Chiropractor ($168,280)|
|116||Tallahassee, Florida||Hairdresser ($42,980), Public Relations Specialist ($81,700)|
|117||Tampa, Florida||Obstetrician and Gynecologist ($281,580), Radiation Therapist ($120,420)|
|148||Deltona, Florida||Nail Technician ($37,210)|
|178||Orlando, Florida||Nail Technician ($36,330)|
|179||Palm Bay, Florida||Optometrist ($193,140)|
|184||Punta Gorda, Florida||Management Analyst ($142,710)|
|192||Sebastian, Florida||Clinical Laboratory Technician ($57,760)|
|*See "How U.S. News ranks the best jobs." Source: US News & World Report|
More about the Best Paying Cities, from U.S. News & World Report:
Below are the top 20 cities for well-paying jobs in the United States.
How we compile: We compile the top 5 best-paying cities by annual wage mean salary for all jobs we list on the website, and then tally which cities have the most jobs associated with them. For example, San Francisco has the most of our best-paying jobs out of any city in the U.S. People who have those jobs in San Francisco make more money than their counterparts in other cities.
1. How were these cities chosen – These cities with the best-paying jobs are tallied to see which has the most. Our salaries are taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
2. Are these jobs open positions (for example, are they directly from the Best Jobs List or just open positions in the same field)? They are directly from the Best Jobs list.
3. How was the data selected for Best Paying Cities and Best Paying Jobs by City? For Best Paying Jobs by City, we compile the top 5 best-paying cities by annual wage mean salary for all jobs we list on the website. For the Best Paying Cities, we first compile the top 5 best-paying cities by annual wage mean salary for all jobs we list on the website and then tally which cities have the most jobs associated to them.
1. San Francisco, California – 80 jobs
2. San Jose, California – 54 jobs
3. San Rafael, California – 34 jobs
4. New York, New York – 26 jobs
5. Anchorage, Alaska – 21 jobs
6. Bridgeport, Connecticut – 20 jobs
7. Nassau County, New York – 20 jobs
8. Oakland California – 20 jobs
9. Fairbanks, Alaska – 19 jobs
10. Vallejo, California – 19 jobs
11. Washington, DC – 17 jobs
12. Trenton, NJ – 14 jobs
13. Silver Spring, Maryland – 13 jobs
14. Anaheim, California – 12 jobs
15. Boston, Massachusetts – 12 jobs
16. Newark, New Jersey – 12 jobs
17. Napa, California – 10 jobs
18. Sacramento, California – 10 jobs
19. Salinas, California – 10 jobs
20. Santa Rosa, California – 10 jobs