WalletHub Press Release
2019's States with the Best Elder-Abuse Protections
With the share of U.S. adults aged 65 and older expected to be 1 in 5 by the year 2030 and as many as 13 out of every 14 elder-abuse cases going unreported, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s States with the Best Elder-Abuse Protections as well as accompanying videos.
To determine which states fight the hardest against elder abuse, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 16 key metrics. The data set ranges from share of elder-abuse, gross-neglect and exploitation complaints to presence of financial elder-abuse laws.
Elder-Abuse Protections in Florida (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 5th – Elder-Abuse, Gross-Neglect & Exploitation Complaints*
- 27th – Total Expenditures on Elder-Abuse Prevention*
- 51st – Total Long-Term Care Ombudsman-Program Funding*
- 51st – Number of Eldercare Organizations & Services*
- 31st – Number of Certified Volunteer Ombudsmen*
- 4th – Nursing-Homes Quality
*Per resident aged 65+
Read the full report.