2018 WalletHub Study
How Florida fares in the 'Best & Worst States to Raise a Family'
With fresh starts being top of mind – hiring and single-family home starts are expected to grow in 2018, for instance – the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018's Best & Worst States to Raise a Family.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 42 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from median family salary to housing affordability to unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in Florida (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 49th – % of Families with Young Kids
- 42nd – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family Income)
- 29th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 41st – Median Family Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 33rd – Violent-Crime Rate
- 34th – % of Families in Poverty
- 47th – Housing Affordability
- 27th – Unemployment Rate
- 48th – Separation & Divorce Rate
For the full report, please visit: