FedEx Express LAC Division Delivers Success from Florida to the Americas
Juan N. Cento
Regional President, FedEx Latin American and Caribbean Division
• 1 in 5 U.S. exporters are based in Florida
• No. 1 in exports by air to South America
• No. 2 largest Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) network in the U.S.
• 3rd largest logistics and distributions cluster in the U.S.
• 6th largest exporter in the U.S. and a leading global trade hub (WISERTrade)
• 60,000+ Florida companies export
Serving more than 220 countries and territories, FedEx Express brings global access to the masses by positioning its regional headquarters in strategic geographic locations.
One of the best examples of this successful strategy is in Miami, where the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Division of FedEx Express has grown its hemispheric footprint for more than 25 years.
Florida’s powerful infrastructure is the strategic linchpin of the FedEx Express LAC Division. Connectivity powerhouses like the Miami International Airport exemplify the state’s top-ranked multimodal transportation system that has proven to be an invaluable resource for the global transportation business services and logistics company.
Beyond Florida’s chain of 19 commercial and more than 100 public-use airports, the state features a rich web of road and rail, and a deep water seaport within 90 miles of any business.
FedEx Express LAC Division is one of more than 1,100 multinational companies calling South Florida home. Florida’s global access makes it the ideal location to transport goods faster.