Florida ranks third in clean energy jobs
Florida ranked third in 2012 in clean energy jobs, with more than 8,600 jobs created through more than 500 projects, according to a new report by Environmental Entrepreneurs. And the Southeast led the nation in manufacturing-related clean energy job announcements, with more than 13,700 jobs announced last year, about 80 percent of the nation’s total, according to a report. [Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel]
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
» I don’t worry about my privacy.I don’t promote myself as being perfect. I think it’s the people who promote themselves as being perfect who have to worry about privacy.
» A friend of mine was running for sheriff in Lake County, Sandy Carpenter. He unfortunately lost. If he had won, I was going to apply for the undersheriff’s job.
Florida health care CEO rewards employees with Beer Cart Fridays
While some businesses have casual Fridays where employee dress codes are relaxed, one local healthcare staffing company takes the concept of boosting worker morale a step further. Advanced Medical in Port Orange holds "Beer Cart Fridays." More from the Daytona Beach News Journal and the AP.
Renters paying more amid growing demand for apartments
South Florida renters are opening their wallets wider as robust demand has allowed landlords to seize control of the market. The average monthly apartment rental rate in Palm Beach County last year was $1,154, a 4 percent jump since 2008, according to a report this week from CBRE. The real estate firm predicts a double-digit increase through 2017. [Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel]
» FRIDAY PREVIEW: Coming next week to FloridaTrend.com:
- Pushing the Limits: Florida's MBA professors talk about their approaches to teaching leadership skills.
- Full Circle: Attorney Brian Albritton is back to defending corporate clients.
- Gear 1 Music: From Mozart to Metallica, business for Kenny Stinnett is all about music.
- Deco District Renovations: Spurred by strong tourism numbers, hospitality companies have been purchasing and renovating South Beach hotels at a furious pace during the past two years.
- Digital Menus: Menus and wine lists are going digital across Florida at all levels of price and style.
» You'll find all these stories first on the Daily and Afternoon Pulse e-mails.