• 3rd among all U.S. states with 3,831 clean energy businesses; 6th in the nation with 31,100 clean energy-related jobs
• Home to the nation’s largest solar photovoltaic plant
• Among the nation’s top 10 states for green-tech patent registrations (Cleantech Group)
• Significant producer of biomass and agricultural waste, including wood, citrus and sugar
• Hotbed for ocean energy R&D and deployment with 1,200 miles of coastline and ready access to the Gulf Stream
In the News -
» Building the first advanced waste-to-fuel commercial biorefinery in the U.S. The $130-million Indian River BioEnergy Center will convert yard, vegetative and household wastes into cellulosic ethanol for renewable electric power.
“Plenty of readily available biomass and a ready market for the bioethanol INEOS will produce from it made Florida the right site. Add to that, support from state and local officials and a workforce with a really can-do attitude. -- David King