Updated 1 years ago
|"Florida is experiencing increased visitor
numbers — testament to our amazing tourist product, employees and marketing."
- Chris Thompson
Renowned vacation destination
- 82.3 million visitors in 2010
- A higher-than-average proportion of repeat visitors, many of whom choose to become residents
- Average annual temperatures between 60 and 81 degrees Fahrenheit
- Public school system ranked 5th in the nation by Education Week
- 43 high schools on Newsweek's 2011 list of "America's Best High Schools"
- No personal income tax
- Cost of living below that of comparable states with similar growth and in-migration rates
- 1,350 golf courses
- 2,300 miles of tidal shoreline
- 11,000 miles of rivers, streams and waterways
- 152 state parks
- The world's biggest and best theme parks
- A thriving arts and culture scene
- Unique shopping opportunities
- World-class sporting events
- More than 300 general medical and surgical hospitals
- Florida facilities were ranked: No. 1 in the nation for opthalmology; No. 18 for cancer care; and No. 19 for gastroenterology on U.S. News & World's Report's 2011-12 list of "America's Best Hospitals."
For additional information about these and the many other reasons for doing business in Florida, visit www.eflorida.com.