Competitive Business Climate
Collaboration and can-do spirit promote business growth.
Florida encourages growth throughout the state by offering increased incentive rewards and lower wage qualification thresholds for companies located within all rural areas. In addition, Rural Community Development Revolving Loans and the Rural Infrastructure Fund exist to meet the special needs businesses may encounter in Florida’s designated 32 rural counties.
To read more about Florida's rural incentives, see "Rural Advantages"
Businesses located in one of Florida’s 30 urban Enterprise Zones may be eligible, under certain circumstances, for credits on sales and use or corporate income taxes. Tax credits may also be available for donations made to local community development programs and to businesses that elect to locate or expand in designated Brownfields areas.
For more information on Florida's urban incentives, see "Urban Advantages"
Florida offers sales and use tax exemptions for ...
- Machinery and equipment used by a new or expanding Florida business to manufacture, produce or process tangible property for sale
- Labor, parts and materials used in repair of and incorporated into machinery and equipment
- Electricity used in the manufacturing process
- Certain boiler fuels (including natural gas) used in the manufacturing process
- Semiconductor, defense and space technology-based industry transactions involving manufacturing equipment
- Machinery and equipment used predominantly in research and development
- Labor component of research and development expenditures
- Commercial space activity — launch vehicles, payloads and fuel, machinery and equipment for production of items used exclusively at Spaceport Florida
- Aircraft parts, modification, maintenance and repair, sale or lease of qualified aircraft
- Production companies engaged in Florida in the production of motion pictures, made-for-television motion pictures, television series, commercial music videos or sound recordings
For More Information
To learn more about the specific incentives available to firms locating in rural and urban areas, see pages 48 and 50 or visit www.eflorida.com. For workforce training incentives, visit