Business Florida - Industries
- More than $1 billion invested annually on life sciences R&D by Florida universities
- 2nd among states for FDA-registered medical device manufacturing facilities
- 3rd for pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing businesses
- No. 4 in clinical trials initiated
- 9 medical schools spread around Florida
B. Braun Medical – 10th largest global medical device manufacturer, opening its first Florida location in Daytona Beach; creating 175 jobs.
Johnson & Johnson – On track to create 500 jobs over three years at its newly opened North American shared services headquarters in Tampa.
Arthrex – Adding 560 jobs in Naples, and 350 jobs in Ave Maria as part of a 218,000-sq.-ft. expansion.
SMRxT – Relocating from New York to Orlando and creating 55 jobs.
Erchonia Corp. – Relocating from Texas to Melbourne, building a 20,000-sq.-ft. facility and creating 35 new jobs.
Zimmer Biomet – Expanding its dental division headquarters in Palm Beach Gardens with the addition of 178 jobs to a current staff of 473.