Tax Investment Survey: 90% say investment income should be taxed higher
Key findings from our 2014 Tax Fairness Survey include:
- In a strong rejection of the current tax code, 90% of respondents believe income from investments should be taxed at least as much as wages.
- Americans view tax fairness (61.23%) and tax equality (20.81%) as more important than whatever is best for the economy (17.96%).
- Respondents view taxes on wages and gasoline as least fair; taxes on alcohol and tobacco seen as most fair.
- Almost two-thirds of respondents (65.10%) believe corporations should face higher tax rates than consumers.
- Less than one quarter (24.31%) of respondents support a flat income tax.
- More than 80% of respondents rated the current tax code as either “complex” or “extremely complex.”
For the full report, please visit: http://wallethub.com/edu/tax-