Financing Your Business
The U.S. Small Business Administration does not make loans directly to small business owners; however, many local lenders can assist with the application process for an SBA-backed loan. For information, contact one of the SBA district offices in Florida.
• Jacksonville District Office (North Florida)
Certified Development Companies
These nonprofit corporations work with the SBA and private-sector lenders to provide financing to small businesses.
• Coastal Area District Development Authority
• Essential Capital Inc.
• Florida Business Development Corp.
• Florida First Capital Finance Corp.
(850) 681-3601 or (888) 320-5504
• Independent Development Services Corp. (IDS)
• St. Petersburg Certified Development Corp. (dba Gulfcoast Business Finance Inc.)
(727) 895-2504 or (800) 850-2504
• Tampa Bay Economic Development Corp. (TEDCO)
Industrial Revenue Bonds
Industrial Revenue Bonds, issued by the Florida Development Finance Corporation (FDFC), offer tax-exempt, low-interest bond financing to qualified, financially sound manufacturing and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
Enterprise Florida Inc.