Business Florida 2014 - The Regions
Estero, Fort Myers, Naples, Punta Gorda
Corporate headquarters The Hertz Corporation, a Fortune 300 company and the world’s largest airport general use car rental brand, plans to relocate its world headquarters from Park Ridge, New Jersey, to Lee County. Coming on the heels of acquiring Oklahoma-based Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, this move by Hertz aims to consolidate corporate operations and have ready access to Florida’s tourism assets. Plans call for construction of a 300,000-sq.-ft. headquarters building in Estero and 700 Florida-based jobs.
Professional services Wisconsin-based Alta Resources has begun hosting job fairs and filling the nearly 500 customer service and sales jobs it will create in Fort Myers with the opening of a call-center later this year in the Gateway Corridor. Among the firm’s reasons for choosing Fort Myers: the availability of bilingual workers.
• Chico’s FAS Inc. Fort Myers
• Source Interlink Companies Inc. Bonita Springs
• Arthrex Inc. Naples
• Lee Memorial Health System Fort Myers
• LeeSar Fort Myers
• NCH Healthcare System Naples
• Gartner Inc. Fort Myers
• Heinz North America Fort Myers
• Raymond Building Supply North Fort Myers
• Shaw Development Bonita Springs