Stats on commerce, tourism, impact of free trade and more
What Florida Sells to Colombia: The Top 5
- Automatic data processing machines: $505 million
- Electronic equipment for telephone lines: $341 million
- Civilian aircraft engines and parts: $196 million
- Machinery parts: $164 million
- Printer ink: $157 million
What Florida Buys from Colombia: The Top 5
- Gold: $2 billion
- Cut flowers and buds for bouquets: $537 million
- Oil (not crude) from petrol: $215 million
- Coal: $206 million
- Men’s or boys’ suits: $69 million
By the Numbers
- No. 1 — The U.S. is Colombia’s leading trading partner.
- 38% — Portion of goods exported by Colombia that came to the U.S.
- 25% — Portion of goods imported by Colombia that came from the U.S.
- Florida exported $5.3 billion worth of goods to Colombia last year and imported $3.8 billion worth of Colombian goods, giving Florida a trade surplus of $1.5 billion.
- More than 1 million passengers passed through Miami International Airport last year on their way to Colombia — about 40,000 more than in 2010.
- Last year, 306,000 Colombians came to Florida, a 13% increase from the year before.